AWS Connect Tasks
Speak with experts ➟
Assigning, prioritizing, and automating a specific set of duties among agents in Amazon Connect can be achieved by using tasks. For example, using the Task function, one can ensure that agents follow certain guidelines.
You can use tasks for various purposes, but its primary goal remains the same - providing the best customer service possible. Using Amazon Connect Tasks, managers can also delegate assignments to agents based on their availability and expertise. Amazon Connect’s routing, configuration, analytics, and management tools integrate with tasks as well.
What is AWS Connect Tasks?
Amazon Connect Wisdom leverages machine learning to cut down the time agents invest in researching answers. Traditionally, articles, wikis, and FAQs have been all scattered acrosIn simple terms, a task is a unit of work assigned to an agent, and the agent is responsible for following and completing the task. In the same way as voice and chat, these Tasks are also routed and prioritized.
Tasks can be referred to loosely as the “To-do list” on AWS Connect. Agents assigned to a duty will find a notification in the contact control panel explaining the task’s details.
One task can last up to seven days. A task ends when one of the following occurs:
• An agent completes the task.
• Disconnect/hang up blocks to end a contact flow.
• The task has reached its 7-day limit.
How to create tasks
Users can create tasks in Amazon Connect in a variety of ways, including:
- You can use pre-built connectors to create tasks automatically based on predefined conditions (for instance, Salesforce and Zendesk) without much effort for customization.
When you create a new case in Salesforce, you can configure a rule in Amazon Connect to create a task automatically.
In just a couple of easy steps, you can create applications for task creation. Amazon Connect can pull data from any of your external applications using Amazon EventBridge.
- You can create tasks using Amazon Connect APIs with your internal software or third-party applications that your company uses. For example, a popular API would be StartTaskContact, enabling people to create and assign tasks to agents easily.
- Without writing code, you can give your agents the ability to create tasks directly from the Contact Control Panel (CCP). In addition, create tasks so that agents don’t forget about follow-up tasks, such as calling back a customer to provide an update on an issue.
Seamlessly implement tasks to resolve customer issues from a customer relationship management (CRM) solution, such as Salesforce. For example, a user might use tasks to:
- Follow up with customers via phone or using business-specific software like a website.
- Process claims in a customer insurance application.
Add task permission with IAM
Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a service from AWS that helps you securely control access to your AWS resources. You can easily set resource usage parameters and grant permissions.
When integrated with Connect, IAM allows you to control the tasks performed by Amazon Web Services by making requests. In addition, you can control who can access the AWS Management Console.
AWS access is controlled by creating policies and then attaching them to IAM identities (users, groups of users, or roles) or AWS resources. One has to ensure that users have access to the Amazon Connect console when using custom IAM policies.
Amazon Connect Partner
An Amazon Connect partner is equipped with the knowledge and experience to help you deploy complex contact center solutions on AWS.
Like tracking contacts in other channels, you can track the status of all tasks in real-time and historical metrics reports. For example, you can track:
- Agent contact time (how long agents have worked on each task).
- The time when a task is created and when it’s completed. (Contact handling time).
In the report, you will notice a few metrics which do not apply to tasks that will display a value of 0:
- Average interaction and hold time
- Hold time on average
- Hold time and agent interaction
- Time spent engaging with the agent
- Time spent engaging with the agent
- Customers hold time.
Supervisors and managers can use these insights in Amazon Connect to track tasks to completion, including arrival time, average handle time, and adherence to service levels (SL).
In addition, historical metrics offer insight into the performance of business processes and customer issues over time.
To analyze the current and historical metrics, go to Connect and click Metrics and Quality.
Review completed tasks
A user must use the Contact search page to search for and review completed tasks. One can narrow it down using various filters displayed on the contact page. Contact trace record (CTR) will show Contact Summary and references associated with that completed task.
Additionally, you can search for completed tasks by a specific agent, group of agents, or date and time. Detailed information about the completed job is also available, including task descriptions, references, and agent and task metrics. Finally, you can also see if any other contacts are associated with the task.
As a result, you can determine which customer contacts led to the creation of which task. Here is how you can search for completed tasks:-
- Go to your Amazon Connect instance to search for completed tasks.
- Select Contact Search from the Metrics and Quality tab. (Searching completed calls, as well as chat interactions, are also possible using this interface.)
- Enter the date range you want to search for tasks and select Search.
- Click on one of the returned results to find out more information, including the task description, who completed it, and the duration.
We get this question all of the time from entrepreneurs who are outsourcing software development projects to Asia. "How do I take back ownership of...
AWS Analytics ServicesAWS AthenaS3-based query data using SQLAWS CloudsearchManaged Search ServiceAWS ElasticsearchStreamline Elasticsearch...
Amazon Lambda is a serverless compute service that lets you execute code while downsizing the amount of maintenance needed.A quick overview of...