How to connect to a VPN on Mac OS X with OpenVPN, Tunnelblick, and DUO
- Download Tunnelblick. - http://tunnelblick.net/downloads.html (stable version is advised)
- Install Tunnelblick.
- Launch Tunnelblick
- Drop the opvn configuration file provided by your system administrator into Tunnelblick on the left hand side panel labeled Configurations.
- Install the DUO Mobile App on your phone. http://apps.apple.com/us/app/duo-mobile/id422663827
- Open the DUO Mobile app.
- Your system admin should provide a QR code that you can scan via a URL. Navigate to the URL on your browser on your laptop. A QR code screen should appear in your browser.
- On your DUO mobile app, hit the + button.
- Point the Add Account screen to the QR code.
- The Account will be added to your DUO mobile app.
- On your laptop, navigate back to TunnelBlick.
- Click on the VPN that you would like to connect to.
- Select the Connect button. Tunnelblick will start to connect.
- You’ll then be prompted to enter a username\password. Enter the username provided by your system administrator.
- On your mobile phone, snag the 6 digit number that is displayed for this account.
- Enter your passcode into the Tunnelblick password
- You should connect!
Joel Garcia has been building AllCode since 2015. He’s an innovative, hands-on executive with a proven record of designing, developing, and operating Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), mobile, and desktop solutions. Joel has expertise in HealthTech, VoIP, and cloud-based solutions. Joel has experience scaling multiple start-ups for successful exits to IMS Health and Golden Gate Capital, as well as working at mature, industry-leading software companies. He’s held executive engineering positions in San Francisco at TidalWave, LittleCast, Self Health Network, LiveVox acquired by Golden Gate Capital, and Med-Vantage acquired by IMS Health.