Why Use GovCloud?
Customers can use AWS GovCloud (US) to meet ITAR, FedRAMP, DFARS, DoD (SRG) Impact Levels 2-5, and other security and compliance requirements.
- Protect private data
Secure unclassified data files on Amazon S3 with server-side encryption. Use AWS CloudHSM to manage security keys or our one-click AWS Key Management Service (AWS KMS).
- Reinforce id management
With identity federation, quick key rotation, and other robust access control testing tools, you can restrict access to critical data by individual, time, and location.
- Make clouds visible
Audit sensitive data access and use with AWS CloudTrail, our US-based API logging solution.
- Account and workload security
Amazon GuardDuty continuously monitors your AWS accounts and workloads. Unusual API calls or potentially unauthorised deployments are examples of harmful or unauthorised conduct that Amazon GuardDuty looks for.
Manage Mission-Critical Tasks
- Applications for businesses of all sizes
Reliability is crucial for enterprise software such as Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft Windows, among others. Organizations have typically built applications for peak demand and disaster recovery (DR) scenarios, which results in IT resources being idle or underutilized for a significant portion of the time. With AWS, you can increase reliability by using cloud backups, and you can save expenses by only paying for the cloud services that you really use.
- Computing at a high level of performance
In many cases, enormous data sets containing vital insights are being amassed by government entities. When you utilize AWS, you can create enormous on-demand clusters of compute resources in minutes, pay only for the compute power that is really used, and receive the intelligence you need to serve your purpose and the residents of the world.
- Big data
Amazon cloud computing services provides you with quick access to flexible and low-cost IT resources, allowing you to rapidly scale virtually any big data application, such as data warehousing, clickstream analytics, fraud detection, recommendation engines, event-driven ETL, serverless computing, and Internet of Things (IoT) computing. Set up exactly the type and amount of resources that you will require for your big data analytics apps.
- Disaster recovery and storage
At any moment, you can increase your scalable capacity, and you can access durable and cost-effective cloud storage that is managed by people from the United States, all while maintaining compliance with your data security needs. Backup, storage, and recovery of IT systems may be accomplished in seconds by supporting common disaster recovery methodologies ranging from simple backups to hot standby solutions that can failover at a moment’s notice, among others.
Download list of all AWS Services PDF
Product Specifications for AWS GovCloud (US)
AWS GovCloud (US) Regions are designed to meet the specific regulatory requirements of federal, state, and local government agencies, educational institutions, and the broader ecosystem in the United States of America.
- Using Amazon EMR, you can easily process large amounts of data using Hadoop.
- Log analytics, full-text search, application monitoring, and more are all made simple with Amazon OpenSearch Service. In addition to providing real-time analytics capabilities, Amazon OpenSearch Service provides the availability, scalability and security that production workloads demand.
- Cloud-based ETL tool AWS Glue simplifies the process of extracting, transforming, and loading (ETL) data for use in analytics.
- Amazon Athena is an interactive query service that makes it simple to evaluate data stored in Amazon S3 using SQL. There is no infrastructure to worry about with Athena, and you simply pay for the queries you run.
- Data lakes, data stores, and analytics tools may all benefit from streaming data loaded via Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose.
- A fully-managed service, Amazon MSK (Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka) allows you to design and execute applications that use Apache Kafka to process streaming data.
- Real-time analysis of streaming data using Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics is the fastest and most convenient approach to acquire actionable insights and respond to your company’s or your customers’ needs.
- As a massively scalable and durable real-time data streaming service, Amazon Kinesis Data Streams (KDS) is offered by Aws cloud computing.
- Pay-as-you-go data visualisation solution for all of your AWS data, Amazon QuickSight. Dashboards and ML Insights may be easily shared with both internal and external users and even embedded into your applications.
- Creating a safe data lake with AWS Lake Formation is a breeze.
- Message queue service Amazon SQS provides asynchronous messaging between dispersed system components.
- Using Amazon SNS, developers may send messages to subscribers or other applications from within their apps. Amazon SNS is extremely dependable and scalable. Amazon SNS may send notifications via email, HTTP, and queues in SQS, as well as via SNS.
- Through the use of visually guided workflows, AWS Step Functions make it simple to coordinate distributed applications and microservices.
- In order to connect your apps with data from various sources, you can use Amazon EventBridge, a serverless event bus service.
- AWS Marketplace helps clients find, buy, and manage software for regulated IT workloads in the AWS GovCloud (US) Regions..
- Scalable and pay-as-you-go cloud computing capability is provided by Amazon EC2. Amazon EC2
- Lambda on AWS computing is a way to run code in the cloud without having to set up or maintain a server cluster yourself.
Need help on AWS?
AWS Partners, such as AllCode, are trusted and recommended by Amazon Web Services to help you deliver with confidence. AllCode employs the same mission-critical best practices and services that power Amazon’s monstrous ecommerce platform.
- This solution from Amazon Web Services (AWS) makes it simple to set up and scale Java web apps and services.
- Your Docker container images are safe and secure in the Elastic Container Registry on Amazon Web Services.
- In order to run and grow containerized applications on AWS, Amazon Elastic Container Solution provides a high-performance container management service.
- It is possible to dynamically increase or decrease your Amazon EC2 capacity in accordance with your defined conditions using Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling, which aids in the availability of your application.
- For teams, companies, or individuals, the AWS Serverless Application Repository provides an easy way to save and distribute reusable serverless apps, as well as to quickly construct and deploy serverless architectural designs.
- You may run Amazon ECS containers in production using AWS Fargate, which is a compute engine for ECS. Fargate enables you to concentrate on the design and development of your apps rather than the management of the infrastructure that supports them.
- To perform hundreds of thousands of batch computing tasks on AWS, developers, scientists, and engineers can use AWS Batch.
- As a fully managed solution, AWS Outposts may provide AWS infrastructure, services, APIs, and tools on-premises to practically any client organisation in the world.. With its low latency, it is perfect for workloads that need to operate locally, as well as when data storage and processing must be done locally for reasons of privacy or residency.
- To run and scale on AWS, you don’t need to install, operate, or maintain your own Kubernetes control plane or worker nodes with Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS).
- Using Amazon SES, digital marketers and application developers can send marketing, notification, and transactional emails from a cloud-based service.
- Amazon Pinpoint allows you to communicate with your consumers using email, SMS, push notification, and voice channels to send marketing campaigns and transactional communications.
- Companies of all sizes can benefit from Amazon Connect’s low-cost, high-quality contact centre service, thanks to its simple interface.
- Using Amazon RDS, you can set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud with no effort. In exchange for taking care of time-consuming database administration duties for you, it offers scalable and cost-effective storage. It’s possible to use Amazon RDS to connect to databases like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, and PostgreSQL.
- In the cloud, Amazon Aurora is a relational database compatible with MySQL and PostgreSQL. Performance and availability of a high-end database are combined with the ease and affordability of open source databases.
- DynamoDB is a NoSQL database service that is fully-managed, high-performance, and scalable.
- It’s a petabyte-scale data warehouse solution that integrates with your existing business intelligence software. Using columnar storage technology and parallelizing queries over numerous nodes, it provides fast query performance.
- An in-memory cache can be easily deployed, operated, and scaled using Amazon ElastiCache, a web service. Allows you to get information from fast, controlled, in-memory caches instead of depending on slower disk-based databases to boost web application performance.
- If you’ve ever wanted to construct and run applications based on a popular graph model like Property Graph or W3C RDF, Amazon Neptune is a fast, reliable, fully-managed graph database service that allows you to do so.
AWS GovCloud (US) allows government customers and partners to design secure cloud solutions that adhere to the FedRAMP High baseline, the Department of Justice’s Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) Security Policy, the US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the Department of Defense’s Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (SRG) for Impact Levels 2, 4, and 5, FIPS 140-2, IRS-1075, and other regulations.
Employees in the AWS GovCloud (US-East) and (US-West) Regions are US residents working on US soil. Only U.S. companies and root account holders that pass a screening process can use AWS GovCloud (US). Customers must affirm that they will only manage and access root account keys to these locations through a US person (green card holder or citizen as defined by the US Department of State).
When thinking about programming languages, frameworks, and SDKs for mobile web app development, you should consider the front-end (UI) development environment as well as the back-end (server-side) development environment.
An automated lift-and-shift (rehost) service, AWS Application Migration Service (AWS MGN) simplifies, expedites, and reduces the cost of transferring applications to AWS.
Our in-depth how-to teaches you how to create an IAM user group for third party developers on AWS EC2!
In this step-by-step guide, we’ll go over the process of creating an IAM group for third party developers.